Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I'M kicking off this blog with something I posted on my Facebook page only recently. This 25 stuff is something that a lot of members have been doing as of late and although I found it to be a bit silly, I decided to take a stab at it and actually had fun doing it.

You might as well get to know the blogger if you are to find the blogs interesting. So here goes nothing:

1. I'm a writer who actually hates writing since I find it very stressful. But it is one of the things people say I'm pretty good at so I keep doing it, anyway.
2. Paul McCartney is actually my favorite Beatle. His "Maybe I'm Amazed" is an all-time favorite.
3. Regrets, I've had a few. I still wish I could go back in time to correct every mistake I've ever made.
4. I found out I could write when I joined a UN-themed essay writing contest in high school to escape the Math period that coincided with it. To my surprise and everyone else's, I won.
5. I once auditioned as a radio discjockey in the old Rock of Manila DZRJ. I passed several stages and made it to the final panel interview before I got cut. I never tried it again.
6. My original college major was Geology. I ultimately graduated with a degree in Economics, same course as Mick Jagger and (not that it's something to be proud of nowadays), GMA.
7. I often find myself in strange, bizarre situations I can't believe I deserve. Story of my life.
8. Two years ago, I thought I'd spend the rest of my life in a foreign land. Now I really don't know.
9. I was a law student for exactly one semester because of a scholarship I needed to complete.
10. My favorite sub-genre of rock is powerpop. Yes, there is such a term.
11. I'm an Aries born on April Fools Day in the Year of the Dragon. Explosive combination, people say.
12. I can't swim. Really.
13. My life has more ups and downs than several roller coaster rides combined.
14. I have been a Mac user since 1992 and a Mac owner since 1995.
15. The first album I ever bought was a cassette copy of Get The Knack by The Knack.
16. I always like to ask little kids two questions: "Baby ka ba o bata?" and "How old are you when your mother was born?" Hehehe.
17. Of all the things I wanted to be growing up, a fireman, a lawyer, a DJ, a rock star and a music writer, only one actually came true.
18. Not too many people know I have a day job at a bank for, oh, just the last 21 years.
19. I drink coffee two to four times a day. With Coffeemate at home and with non-fat steamed milk everywhere else.
20. I'm partial to tomato-based dishes like pomodoro pastas, mechado and caldereta.
21. I take things as they come, one day at a time. I found out the hard way that nothing really ever goes as planned.
22. I used to be vocal and confrontational when I get upset. Now I just don't say anything and even often let things go. Age, I guess.
23. Not too long ago, I lost my faith in the Lord. I'm now trying get it back with the help of a few well-meaning friends.
24. I have been a Comelec Poll Clerk in just about every major election since 1986.
25. I still believe in happy endings and hope to find myself in one someday.

No comments: