Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tikman Ang Langit...Sa America!

FROM a Facebook note I wrote last July of this year:

Below is an excerpt from a heartwarming note I just received from Serafin Tubles, a former officemate at my former employer, the Philippine National Bank. Bambi, as he is fondly known to us and who is now based in the US, recently got his copy of our book, Tikman Ang Langit: An Anthology On The Eraserheads there, At least, my byline managed to make it to America. The names he mentioned are also former officemates at PNB. Seriously, I got misty-eyed when I read this:

"mayroon na akong kopya ng tikman ang langit, hanep ang essay mo parang CIR (joke only) , gaano katagal mo natapos iyon piece mo? (hehe) I am proud of you pre, ishare ko ito kina boss wood, danny santos at iba pang tropa dito sa US. Kaya lang bakit pati iyong profile mo sa book at diyan sa facebook pareho. Maganda iyong book na iyon gagawin kong coffee table book ko at alam ko magugustuhan ito ng mga anak ko dahil parehong kaming eheads fan. Regards again and hopefully makapagsulat ka ng sarili mong libro in the near future."

It's the only thing a writer can ever ask for. CIR, by the way, refers to the Credit Investigator's Report that we used to prepare in the Bank when we were still, well, Credit Investigators.

No comments: